MEET THE CAST: Jeffrey Brian Adams
25th Annual Spelling Bee closes today. It only makes sense that we shine the spotlight on Jeffrey Brian Adams, who plays Chip Tolentino, the winner of last year’s #spellingbee. He is favored to win again this year but will he have what it takes to take the trophy home again this year? Come on down to The Spelling Bee to find out. #SpellTittup
Jeffrey is thrilled to be making his Hillbarn debut. Recent attributes included SF Playhouse productions of DOGFIGHT (Birdlace), PROMISES PROMISES (Chuck), and INTO THE WOODS (Prince), DEATH OF A SALESMAN (Happy) and The ADDAMS FAMILY MUSICAL (Lucas) at San Jose Stage Company. Adam holds a MFA from The New School for Drams in NYC and is a proud member of AEA.
1. You play the role of the Chip Tolentino, what, if anything, do you have in common with your character?
I think desperately tries to play by the rules and then just can’t help himself. If you ask my elementary school teachers what I was like, they’d probably say the same thing.
2. What made you audition for 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee?
I love the show and have done it once before so I didn’t want to miss up an opportunity to be a part of the production.
3. What do you think the audience will be discussing on their way home after seeing 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee?
I think the show is very funny and the audience will walk away having laughed and been caught off guard in the best way.
4. When did you discover your love for the theatre?
When I was 8 or 9 theatre was a fun hobby but when I was about a sophomore in high school the game changed for me.
5. What is your favorite and most memorable role you ever played? Why?
6. When I was 15 I played Don Quixote and it was the first time I found myself transforming into another character in a way I hadn’t experienced before.
7. Do you have any wacky rituals you do before curtain call?
I try to do something physical to get jacked before a show. Push-ups, running around, etc.
8. If you could pick one actor/actress to perform with on Broadway, who would it be?
A current Broadway actor? An old high school buddy of mine, Alex Brightman is currently kicking ass in School of Rock, so it would be awesome to be reunited with him on stage. But if I could pick one actress to go on Broadway with it would be my incredibly talented and all-to-good-for-me girlfriend, Monique Hafen.
9. What is one thing you are incredibly proud of?
I am proud of my education. I have been blessed over the years with incredible teachers, and carry the lessons and experiences I’ve learned from coast to coast and year to year.
10. What is one fact or fun thing that we don’t know about you?
I am a huge Disney fan. Like, huge.
The show closes today! Don’t miss your chance to see Jeffrey Brian Adams in The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee at the historic Hillbarn Theatre in Foster City. Tickets available at hillbarntheatre.org