How Camps Work in 2021
Covid-19 has made 2020/2021 very different from any previous years! So naturally, to reflect that, camps will look a little different in 2021. We’ll still be offering the same whimsical, crazy, educational and fun summer camps you have come to love; we’ve just made a few tweeks to ensure the safety of all involved.
- Each camper and staff member will be required to wear a mask at all times.
- Daily Temperature checks will take place upon arrival.
- Rehearsals will take place in the courtyard, lobby (with all doors open) and green room (with all doors open) most often.
- We will only move into the theatre close to performance dates, and limit our time on stage/indoors.
- No more than 30 people will be allowed in the building during camp hours (this includes a cast of 20 and the staff).
- Campers will each be assigned a chair and cubby to hold their personal belongings. Their station is theirs alone and will not be touched by others.
- In regards to set and props: all pieces will be sanitized by cast and crew after they are used and before the next group is allowed to touch them.
- Only two persons in the bathroom at a time.
- Choreography rehearsals will take place with everyone having assigned spots 6 feet apart, marked by Xs on the ground.
- Physical contact will be limited in scene work/staging.
- Everyone Must sign Covid-19 liability waiver to participate.
Table of Contents
Why are camps shorter this year?
Camps are shortened in length this year to minimize the amount of people coming into the building and to limit cross contamination of groups. By shortening camps we better ensure the safety of our staff and students, and still make sure we can offer as many camper opportunities as possible.
How long is camp?
Camps take place Monday through Friday from 9am-4pm, doors open at 8:45am. This year we will not be able to offer after care.
Where is Camp?
All camps will take place at Hillbarn Theatre and Conservatory (1285 E. Hillsdale Blvd. Foster City). The High School camp will take place offsite from July 12-23, location TBD.
Will there be a performance?
There will be a performance. However, at this time we are planning a variety of options should in person performing not be an option. Final decisions on in person performances, filmed performances or streamed performances will be made by May 15th, 2021.
How do I register?
This year we’re doing registration slightly differently. When registering for camp you will be asked to pay a $100 deposit to hold your spot. About a month before camp begins we will give you a call and finish processing your payment.
What happens once I register?
Once you register you will receive a Welcome to Camp 2021 information packet about the daily schedule, forms you need to complete and more up to date information. Look for this closer to May 15th, when we will call and finalize your payment for camp.
Will there be a refund if camp is cancelled due to Covid-19?
Should we need to cancel camps before the first day you will be offered a refund of 50% of your deposit. Should camp be cancelled after the first day of camp, you will be offered a 75% refund for the total cost of camp, or the option to have your payment converted to a Hillbarn theatre credit.
Do you have a back up plan if camps need to be cancelled?
It’s 2021 so yes! We have learned over the past year that you can’t be too prepared. So we have a plan to do a hybrid in person/online camp or an online camp should we need to if numbers spike again. But let’s put all of our positive energy into hopping that doesn’t happen and believe that we can finally be back together doing theatre!