Missions & Values
- Since 1941, the historic Hillbarn Theatre has served the San Francisco Bay Area by embracing this founding ideal:
- “To create theatre with the community, for the community.”
- We fulfill our mission by striving to do the following:
- Bring artists and audience together as part of our intimate Hillbarn family to experience engaging and inspiring theatrical productions.
- Select program themes that entertain, explore the joys and sorrows of our common human experience, and celebrate our diversity.
- Enhance and enliven the arts and entertainment culture of our community.
- Offer amateur performers and technicians a venue and direction by trained professionals to achieve personal and artistic growth.
- Through the Conservatory at Hillbarn Theatre, provide enriching and lasting educational opportunities for young and aspiring artists.
Deliver performances that promote creativity, honest artistic expression, and excellent production value.
Provide developmental opportunities to local talent and build a solid foundation for arts appreciation in the next generation.
Develop collaborative relationships in our community through cooperation and informed responsiveness.
From ticket inquiry to the after-show reception, provide a pleasant and fulfilling customer experience.
Manage our tangible resources in a manner that respects our patrons and donors and preserves our independence.